An Overview on Obamacare Health Insurance California

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), popularly known as Obamacare, came into being in the year 2010. The primary aim of this act is to provide affordable health insurance for all the Americans. It was also created for protecting the average Americans from the clutches of top health insurance companies who can harass patients by shooting up the costs or restricting care.


If you live in California, then you would have definitely heard of Obamacare health insurance California. It has helped millions of Americans in the past few years. Most of these individuals are low wage earners or unemployed. Some faced difficulty in getting jobs due to their disability or other family issues while others couldn’t get a decent health insurance because of their medical history. But, this act has also been in the news for a lot of wrong reasons too. Let us look at some positive and negative aspects of Obamacare health insurance California:


  • In the past five years, over 16 million Americans have obtained health insurance coverage through Obamacare. A large section of these insurance coverage seekers are young adults.
  • Post the implementation of this act, patients have to pay 20% of insurance premiums on the medical care, while the remaining 80% has to be borne by the insurance companies. This act also aims in preventing insurance companies from suddenly hiking the rates. The quote ‘There’re no free meals’ still stands, because the insurance coverage isn’t free, but the Americans now have a myriad range of options in their platter.
  • In past, people with a history of serious health condition like cancer were not eligible for insurance coverage. Most insurance companies would out rightly reject such patients. But, with this act in place, the insurance company can’t deny you just because you had a pre-existing serious health problem.
  • Also, even if an individual got the insurance coverage, their coverage amount was so less that they ran out of money while treating the chronic health problems. Top health insurance companies had set a limit which they would spend on an individual, which would keep on varying from person to person. However, with Obamacare health insurance California in place, insurance companies can’t set limits on the coverage amount for the customers.
  • After this act came into being, the government promised to make the prescription drugs affordable. Most individuals, especially senior citizens, find extreme difficulty in affording their medications. In the past 5 years, the cost of prescription drugs has come down considerably.


  • Although after the implementation of this act, insurance companies have started offering coverage to those individuals with pre-existing health conditions, but it has created a lot of mess. Most of these individuals already have health insurance, so there has been a drastic rise in unpaid premiums.
  • The primary goal has always been to ensure people are insured throughout the year. However, if you’re uninsured and fail to obtain an exemption for the same, then you are liable to pay fine. Also, this fine would keep increasing as the time passes. Some people believe that the government is trying to be intrusive by forcing them to take the health insurance.

Obamacare is a socialist act, so it has to be funded by loads of new taxes on the common public. Additional taxes are being levied upon individuals with high incomes.

Our Top Insurance Services: Car Insurance, Auto Insurance, Renters Insurance, Business Insurance

This entry was posted in Health Insurance. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *