How to Get the Lowest Car Insurance in California
Car insurance is a legal requirement in California. At a minimum, drivers must hold liability insurance. Are you looking for affordable car insurance quotes? California companies are required to offer you a good driver’s discount if you are having a clean driving record.
Requirements of Car insurance
California law requires that you have a way to cover costs related to damages or injuries you may have caused in a car accident. Purchasing liability car insurance is the simplest and most common way people choose to meet this requirement.
The minimum amount of liability insurance you must have on your policy is:
- $15000 for death/ injury to one person.
- $30000 for death/ injury to more than one person
- $5000 for damage to property.
Other Car Insurance Coverage
While liability coverage is the only type of car insurance coverage you are required to carry in California, there are other types of coverage available to you, including:
- Comprehensive coverage- This coverage insures you against damages that might occur to your car that do not involve traffic accidents such as theft- related damages.
- Collision coverage- This insures you against damages to your car t as a result of traffic collision such as accident with another driver.
- Medical and funeral services coverage
- Underinsured/in insured motorist coverage- According to the latest statistics from the California Department of Insurance, 14.43% of California drivers have no car insurance. Uninsured coverage can cover damages caused by one of these drivers. Therefore it is important that certain coverage be provided here. These are:
- Rental car coverage
- Towing and labour charges.
You should be able to prove that you have an auto insurance to register your care or renew for registration. The insurance company will give you an insurance card that can serve as your proof of insurance. Your insurance card will have-
- Your car information, the model, year value, safety
- Your name and name of any drivers under your car policy
- The expiry date of your insurance policy term
- You will receive a new card every time; you will renew your car insurance policy.
Finding the best low car insurance
Compare price quotes on the Internet side by side to quickly pinpoint the insurers offering cheap auto insurance rates. Look up valid complaints about your insurance company filed with the state department of insurance, to ensure that you are purchasing a plan with a good coverage and customer service.
Whenever you are on website and shopping around for the lowest car insurance in California , make sure their website is secure, due to use of personal information.